- License Bureau
*APPOINTMENTS ARE NO LONGER BE REQUIRED FOR ANY DRIVER'S LICENSE, PERMIT OR ID TRANSACTIONS ALONG WITH ANY STANDARD MOTOR VEHICLE TRANSACTION.
*APPOINTMENTS ARE STILL REQUIRED FOR ALL IRP/IFTA TRANSACTIONS. PLEASE PHONE 320-269-6035 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
The drop box (located outside of the main entrance) and mail-in are still options for registration renewals. Please be sure to include your current insurance information and a contact phone number.
You can mail your renewal notice to us at Chippewa County License Bureau 629 North 11th Street Suite #5 Montevideo, Mn 56265.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS EXTENDED THE TIMELINE FOR STATES TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT. THE NEW DEADLINE TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT IS: May 7, 2025.
The Chippewa County License Bureau is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Enhanced and Real Driver's License and ID transactions end at 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Title transfer and registration of motor vehicles, special plates (i.e. personalized, veteran, disabled, etc.)
- Title transfer and registration of interstate vehicles, renewals of prorate vehicles, and direct online processing of invoices and temporary authorities.
- Prorate hours 8 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday by appointment only.
Written and road testing is available at this location on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month buy appointment only. To make an appointment please log on to drive.mn.gov . Driver's license renewal, duplicates and first time applications are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Real and Enhanced credentials are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Game & Fish
- Electronic License System for hunting and fishing licenses.
- Regulations also available.
- Special Electronic License System agent for disability licenses. Snowmobile trail stickers also available.
Department of Natural Resources
Title transfer and registration of:
- All-Terrain Vehicles
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Water Craft