EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2020, APPOINTMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL PRORATE (IRP AND IFTA) TRANSACTIONS. PLEASE PHONE 320-269-6035 TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
The Chippewa County License Bureau is presently open to the public for walk in transactions Our hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Enhanced and Real Driver's License and ID transactions end a t 3:30 p.m. daily. You may still utilize the drop box to renew your vehicle registration, or mail your renewal notice to us for process. Please remember to fill out the insurance portion of your renewal notice in full. We do recommend that you wear a mask for your safety and ours. Thank you for your patience during these unprecedented times.
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY HAS EXTENDED THE TIMELINE FOR STATES TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT. THE NEW DEADLINE TO BECOME REAL ID COMPLIANT IS: OCTOBER 1, 2021.
NOW THROUGH JUNE 30, 2021 YOU CAN RENEW YOUR STANDARD CLASS D DRIVER’S LICENSE ON-LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR CURRENT DRIVER’S LICENSE YOU MAY APPLY ON-LINE AT: DRIVE.MN.GOV
- Title transfer and registration of motor vehicles, special plates (i.e. personalized, veteran, disabled, etc.)
- Title transfer and registration of interstate vehicles, renewals of prorate vehicles, and direct online processing of invoices and temporary authorities.
- Prorate hours 8 a.m. to 3 p.m, Monday through Friday by appointment only.
At the present time there is no written or road testing at this location. Please refer back to this website for any further details or log on to drive.mn.gov for locations and hours. Driver's license renewal, duplicates and first time applications are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Real and Enhanced credentials are processed Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Game & Fish
- Electronic License System for hunting and fishing licenses.
- Regulations also available.
- Special Electronic License System agent for disability licenses. Snowmobile trail stickers also available.
Department of Natural Resources
Title transfer and registration of:
- All-Terrain Vehicles
- Off-Road Motorcycles
- Off-Road Vehicles
- Water Craft