State Services


The MN Department of Veteran Affairs (MN DVA) has income based grant programs called SSAP. The grant application must be completed by a County Veteran Service Officer.

  • Dental and Optical grants to pay for care at your local dentist and eye doctor.
  • Subsistence grant when you're temporarily unable to work.
  • Special Needs grant for those "once in a lifetime" expenses.
  • Education assistance when your federal benefits are exhausted.

Minnesota Veterans Homes are available to veterans who have served 181 consecutive days on active duty, are a Minnesota resident and have been honorably discharged. Spouses of eligible veterans over 55 years of age are also eligible if they reside in Minnesota. All applicants must demonstrate a medical need. Minnesota currently has facilities located in Fergus Falls, Hastings, Luverne, Minneapolis, and Silver Bay. There are three future homes under development, including Montevideo.

Minnesota has three State Veteran Cemeteries located in Little Falls, Preston, and Duluth. 

MN DVA provides Bronze Star Grave Markers to mark the grave site of a Veteran buried in Minnesota. The markers are distributed through your local Veteran Service Office. GraveMarkerPhoto_tcm1066-195201

The MN Assistance Council for Veterans (MAC-V) helps prevent Veteran homelessness.
We can assist you in completing the needed forms and getting them to the Mankato office.


MN flag