What can I do if I have problems with snowmobilers trespassing on my property?


Non-agricultural land should be properly posted; "No Trespassing" signs should be placed at each corner of the property and at all entrances. It is legal for snowmobilers to ride within the road right of way.

Gather Information

If you have snowmobilers who are trespassing on your property try to get the following information:

  • Description of the Operator
  • Registration Number
  • Snowmobile Description

It is oftentimes difficult to get this information unless you are very close or the person trespasses repeatedly.

Contact Us

If this is happening on a regular basis call the Sheriff's Office at 320-269-2121 and let us know the specific area and time of the offenses and we will make an attempt to patrol the area.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a Permit to Purchase handgun?
2. How do I get a Permit to Carry?
3. How can I get a copy of a Sheriff’s report or accident report?
4. How do I pick up recovered stolen property?
5. How old do I have to be to operate a motorboat or personal watercraft?
6. What can I do if I have problems with snowmobilers trespassing on my property?
7. What does the Sheriff's office charge to serve a civil process?
8. Does the Sheriff serve all civil process papers?
9. What is the process for getting a tenant evicted from my rental property?
10. When do I call 911?
11. When do I call the Sheriff's Department?
12. What happens if I call 911 from my cell phone?
13. What is there to know about the Drug Abuse Resistance Education Program?
14. Who do I call if I have information on a crime?
15. What are the jail visiting hours?
16. What is the "Huber Law"?
17. Who would I contact if I had information about some suspected drug activity?
18. Why does the court issue a warrant?
19. How can I contact a deputy who handled my complaint?
20. What is "Sentence to Service"?
21. Does Chippewa County prosecute worthless checks?
22. What do I do if I receive a worthless check and want to have it prosecuted?
23. What type of worthless checks are not considered criminal and cannot be prosecuted?